PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The Health Systems Innovation and Delivery (HSID) program within PATH focuses on the health system as a whole, including crosscutting elements of the system that delivers health services and assures health for individuals or communities. This work includes robust analyses to guide the design and implementation of: 1) innovations to improve health system performance; 2) adaptations to better assure successful adoption and scale of specific product disease prevention innovations; 3) technical assistance to strengthen overall health system integrity and resilience; and 4) strategies to better integrate the effective delivery of services across health and disease categories.
HSID is currently recruiting a Senior Program Assistant to support the CDC funded Global Health Security (GHS) project, which focuses on preventing, protecting, and responding to infectious diseases and Ebola in Africa and beyond. This position will be responsible for providing project management and administrative support to GHS operations and business development activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison for the project Director.
- Provide administrative support for the global GHS team across time zones in the US, Africa, and Asia, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, recording meeting minutes, tracking action items, maintaining organization of shared folders, and assisting team members as needed.
- Support the maintenance and organization of SharePoint sites as a designated site administrator/owner. Support other knowledge management systems as needed.
- Assist in the coordination and development of large documents including proposals, reports, tables, basic graphics, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Organize travel arrangements for the project Director, other PATH staff, PATH consultants, and other non-PATH staff using PATH resources. Help submit travel expenses as needed.
- Coordinate and support monthly project tracking updates and quarterly reporting process with global teams.
- Support any institutional reporting or review processes for both internal and external facing documents and presentations.
- Maintain appropriate electronic and paper information management systems for project, including maintenance of project SharePoint site content.
- Catalog and manage reference documents, literature, and publication resources for team use.
- Maintain the GHS sub-site on PATH’s external website, ensuring that all content is up to date and formatted correctly.
- Assist with drafting project messaging, including fact sheets, capacity statements, and corporate value propositions; proofread project documents as needed.
- Contribute independent research, and summarize and pull key information from PATH systems for business development proposals.
- Collaborate with colleagues around the world, including other administrative staff and internal HSID partners.
- Provide administrative support to the activities of the Epidemic Preparedness & Response/Global Health Securities Initiative Health Impact Team (EPR/GHSI HIT).
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 2-3 years of related administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in application of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and SharePoint.
- Proven ability to think creatively to help organize information, manage workflow, and improve systems and processes.
- Ability to be pro-active and show initiative while working in a team environment.
- Proven success in managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience formatting and proofreading complex technical documents.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Business proficiency in French, both written and oral, a plus.
- Knowledge of and interest in international public health.
- Proficiency in using Box for file storage and knowledge management a plus.
- Knowledge of basic biological science and research concepts and experience a plus.
- Experience working in an international organization or in a multicultural environment, preferably with a health or development focus, is highly desirable.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.