Job Number: 508669 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Senegal
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
Major duties / responsibilities
- Participate and provide technical support to COs so C4D staff is optimally engaged in national EPI planning processes and strategies including the strengthening, positioning and budgeting of C4D for immunization in cMYP strategy, HSS proposals and EPI reviews.
- Contribute and participate in the design of and position C4D in equity assessments. Develop a regional module to support COs to integrate C4D strategies and tools into equity assessments to be conducted in participating countries.
- Provide support to strengthen COs in the development of inter-sectoral C4D strategies for routine immunization and new vaccines introductions (HPV, Ebola, RV, PCV, MenA, MR, YF).
- Contribute to Health System Strengthening through; a) Development of an M&E framework for communications for immunization in the region; b) Support initiatives to build capacities of front line workers through review of inter-personal communication modules and support to training programmes of health ministries. C) Support documentation and knowledge management of social accountability initiatives.
- Contribute to the regional emergency preparedness and response plan through stronger integration of the C4D component during outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases. This includes the development and management of rosters of institutional and individual consultants and support the recruitment plans and processes in COs. Provide support to COs in developing quality and timely preparedness and response plans for epidemics/outbreaks in high-risk countries.
Qualification, experience and competencies required for the assignment
- Master’s degree in the social/behavioral sciences with emphasis on advocacy, participatory communication and communication tools and material development.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in social development /C4D programs including work experience in developing countries with practical experience in the application of communication planning processes to specific programs.
- Prior experience working for C4D and EPI in West and Central Africa will be an added advantage.
- Proven relevant experience in communication strategy development and organizational/institutional C4D capacity development and assessment
- Strong technical knowledge and previous experience in facilitating the implementation of C4D (behavior and social change communication) including participatory approaches of engagement
- Proven skills in communication, data-driven communication planning, and monitoring of behavior and social change processes and results.
- Fluent in English and French with strong communication and public speaking skills
- Promotes, practises, and helps others value and respect diversity of gender, culture, opinions, values, perspectives, ideas, skills, expertise, knowledge, and experiences.
- Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Relating & Networking: Excellent team player, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Persuading & Influencing: Ability to facilitate mutual understanding among partners
- Applying Technical Expertise, Entrepreneurial Thinking with emphasis on capacity development
- Flexible and responsive to changes as part of any review and feedback process
Management, Organization and Timeframe
All aspects related to this consultancy, including tasks and responsibilities will be managed and supervised by C4D in consultation with the Immunization/Health Section.