The organisation Puntos de Encuentro compiled this multi-media library on the issue of sexuality, HIV, and violence because "sexuality is an essential part of one’s wellbeing and development..., yet in the 21st Century violence against women, adolescent pregnancy, HIV and other sexually transmitted illnesses are on the rise and threatening people’s development, health, and lives… we believe that citizens should have access to reliable information based on the recognition and appropriation of people’s sexual and reproductive rights."
The multi-media library is a compilation of 80 documents in audio, video, and text including theoretical and methodological tools, sites of interest, directors, research, evaluations, and action guides, all which may be useful when addressing the issue of sexual and reproductive rights and a life free of violence. Documents include titles such as:
- Acoso Sexual en los Colegios ("Sexual Harassment in School")
- Como Ponernos en Contacto con Nuestro Cuerpo ("Getting in Touch with Our Body")
- El Orgasmos Femenino ¿Derecho o Deber? ("Female Orgasms: Right or Duty?")
- Evolucion de los Factores de Vulnerabilidad Sobre VIH de la Poblacion de Esteli (Evolution of the Factors of Vulneratility to HIV of the Population of Esteli [Nicaragua])
- Quiero Volar ("I Want to Fly")
- Todo Tipo de Maltrato es Violencia ("All Mistreatment is Violence")
- Positivos Luchando por la Vida ("(HIV) Positives Fighting for Life")
In the audio section, there are vignettes and radio programmes about sexuality, HIV, and violence, produced by DKYFM Productions. Finally, there are links to campaign materials from two campaigns (Violence Against Women: a Disaster that Men Can Avoid and The Next Time Someone Raises Their Hand to You) as well as other information sources and a bibliography of materials available at the Puntos Documentation Centre.
Puntos de Encuentro para la transformation de la vida cotidiana (Gathering Points for Transforming Daily Lives) is a Nicaraguan feminist organisation that works with young and adult women developing their capacities to exercise their rights and autonomy in daily life. Puntos uses communication media, training, and alliance processes to promote and defend gender and generational equality, respect for diversity, rejection of discrimination and violence, and relations based on mutual respect.
Spanish (Puntos de Encuentro website is available in English)
Email to The Communication Initiative from Irene Lindenhovius of Puntos de Encuentro on April 12 2013.