I can offer 17 years of experience in communications for development consulting, working for UNDP, USAID, local and international NGOs, the private sector and the media.
My areas of expertise include:
• developing communication, marketing and behaviour change communication strategies, programmes and policies,
• social development programme design, management and evaluation,
• producing award-winning communications materials,
• community-based natural resource management,
• capacity building,
• participatory development techniques,
• and cross sectoral co-operation.
My experience ranges from hands-on grassroots work (capacity building, PRA, needs assessments etc), through to international policy negotiation at UN fora (eg advocacy and policy analysis at the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species). I've worked in Portuguese, Spanish and French, mostly in Southern Africa, Latin America, Asia, Europe and North America.