The primary objectives of the “Research for Results (R4R)” program in Lebanon is to generate new evidence on student and teacher performance across school types and create policy recommendations to strengthen the efficiency and quality of education services by public, private, and non-state providers. The program consists of four closely related studies and implementation of a strategic communication plan for effective dissemination of results. The “student assessment” study will provide the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE) with a solid understanding of student learning outcomes and perceptions in Lebanese schools. This student assessment study targets grades 4 and 7 students, teachers, and classrooms. It covers three subject areas: Arabic (reading and writing), foreign language (reading and writing in either French or English), and mathematics (in either French or English). The study addresses two key research questions: 1) how much do students learn over the academic year and how well do they master the expected learning objectives as established by the national curriculum? 2) How do student end-of-year grades/marks compare with student assessment scores from this exercise?
**Please note: Only Lebanese citizens are eligible for this position.**
- Train assessors and supervisors in Beirut on the standardized group administration of assessment tools
- Oversee and organize the data collection, including schedule of visits and communication with school officials
- Ensure compliance with standard procedures and protocols for administering assessment tools by conducting observation of assessors during testing activities
- Provide additional training to assessors and supervisor as needed during field activities
- Ensure assessors meet established targets, and document instances where targets are not met
- Collect information related to the field activities, and provide regular field updates
- Assist in improving the assessment instruments in Arabic, English, and French.
- Collaborate with subcontractor technical staff in compiling and organizing the student answer sheets, and manage scanning activities
- Assist in translating the standardized test administration manual into French and/or Arabic.
- Master’s degree in education or related fields
- Five (5) or more years of experience in educational sector, particularly in primary and secondary education
- Experience in planning and managing large scale educational surveys and training of assessors
- Prior experience in developing or revising assessment tools in Arabic, English and French is preferable
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong collaborative experience and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Arabic, and French
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.