Provides technical and scientific leadership to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in Social and Behavior Change (SBC). Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence-based SBC methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. Builds SBC capacity in country-level, regional or global program staff. Assesses current SBC technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, or global levels as appropriate. Provides guidance to ensure that SBC program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound. May evaluate SBC proposal design and protocol development to ensure design is sound and based upon evidence- based practice. Provides global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving SBC technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise. Responsible for sharing best practices in SBC and contributes to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks. Shares new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel.
- Provide technical leadership in SBC and/or program wide activities, including: technical leadership in design, development, and planning,
- Provide technical leadership in development and execution of SBC capacity strengthening strategies.
- Participate and lead SBC new business development activities.
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities, and following the standards and practices of the department and division.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- 5-8 Years of relevant experience in senior technical direction to SBC projects and/or programs.
- Experience in emerging SBC methods and approaches such as human centered design, behavioral economics, and/or digital media preferred.
- Subject matter experience and/or expertise in HIV, FP/RH, nutrition, malaria, or other related health area preferred.
- Has ability to provide technical assistance to projects, ensure high quality SBC outputs and impact, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of SBC activities.
- New business development experience in SBC.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language; French or Spanish preferred.
- Effectively applies knowledge of SBC to solve range of problems.
- 10% - 25%. Willingness to travel to fragile states preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.