HARVESTPLUS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
TITLE: MULTIMEDIA DESIGNER
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
JOB NUMBER: 17-179
HarvestPlus seeks a highly-motivated Multimedia Designer to join our team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, creative, and team-oriented individual with experience creating and managing compelling visual communications in a dynamic environment. This exempt position is a one year, fixed term, renewable appointment and is located at HarvestPlus headquarters in Washington, DC.
HarvestPlus improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals while providing global leadership on evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH). CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. The HarvestPlus program is coordinated by two of these centers, the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the direction of the HarvestPlus visual story telling by translating content into visuals for digital and print presentations
- Design visually compelling infographics which communicate complex data.
- Manage and produce all visual communications including print design, web graphics, photography, video production, and branding.
- Maintain the HarvestPlus brand by providing oversight of brand strategy, guidelines, and templates; ensure correct application of brand throughout global programs and operations (brand master).
- Produce graphic designs of all HarvestPlus internal and external outputs including web graphics, publications, promotional, and collateral materials including related coordination and management of vendors, as needed.
- Provide graphic design and branding guidance to staff and country offices to ensure consistency and quality of all HarvestPlus outputs (publications, video, reports, presentations, etc.); assist with the development of country level communication materials.
- Advise the use of social media and other web 2.0 tools including strategy development, content curation, and expansion to new platforms; create videos and graphics for web and social media forms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Development, or a related field, plus five years of relevant experience; or a Master’s degree in Communications, International Development, or a related field, plus three years of relevant experience.
- Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media and web 2.0 platforms, with demonstrated experience generating engaging content, analyzing metrics, and interacting with and attracting followers.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills, and exceptionally detail-oriented.
- Solid project management skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented environment with diverse groups of people.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally if needed.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Practical knowledge of After Effects, FinalCut Pro or Premiere.
- Experience working at an international organization.
- Proficient in a second language (French, Spanish, Portuguese).
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint.
Click on the following link to access the Multimedia Designer II job application: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IFPRI&cws=1&rid=1701. Please complete the online application and provide a complete resume, detailed letter of interest (including a portfolio link), and three references. For more information about HarvestPlus and/or IFPRI, please visit our websites at www.HarvestPlus.org and www.ifpri.org. EOE.