The Program Associate provides administrative, logistical and technical support for programs carried out by Internews’ Earth Journalism Network under the supervision of the Third Pole Director and, when applicable, the Project Coordinators, and other EJN staff. The Program Associate will be expected to perform mid-level organizational tasks requiring prior experience, education or training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Third Pole Director, EJN staff and Project Coordinators in the successful implementation of the Bay of Bengal project focused on spreading news and information on climate resilience in eastern India and Bangladesh.
- Provide logistical, administrative and book-keeping support for project activities, in particular training workshops, focus groups and Fellowships.
- Maintain tracking schedules for project development, field reports, and follow-up communications.
- Assist EJN staff with project oversight, financial tracking and progress towards program deliverables, including keeping track of spending on project activities such as organizational grants, story grants and workshops;Track the budgets for department projects; produce expense reports and submit vouchers.
- Coordinate travel logistics and reservations, assist with visa applications, and arrange accommodations for the Third Pole Director, other Internews staff within the department and participants at workshops and focus group discussions.
- Assist with other EJN activities in the Third Pole region as mutually agreed.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- 1-3 years of project management and logistics experience.
- Fluent and able to communicate effectively in English.
- Experience with MS Excel and Word.
- Experience making complex travel arrangements.
- Proven event planning and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Relevant university degree.
- Strong skills in one or more regional languages such as Bengali or Tamil.
- Experience preparing expense reports and budgets.
- Experience working with media or environmental projects.