At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery and Country Office teams contribute to realizing this by:
- Ensuring effective project management through supporting project startups, implementation, reporting and financial and human resource management as well as closeouts
- Portfolio coordination: providing a leadership role in the regional portfolio teams in DC, and organizing monthly calls for the portfolio team with each country office.
- Working with country teams to develop, refine and pursue their strategies by leveraging technical knowledge (our own and others), researching, and analyzing potential partners and opportunities.
- Grow and diversify: contributing to scoping, pre-positioning and proposal development with the Opportunity Development team.
- Knowledge sharing and learning: enhancing communication between country offices and DC, to ensure better understanding of the diverse operating environments and program approaches.
- External relations: participating in the development conversation by attending events, hosting meetings, and reaching out to potential partners and donors.
Reporting to the Vice President (VP) for Country Programs and Operations, the AEA Regional Director (RD) oversees all activities within the regional country offices. The RD prioritizes the management of assigned Country Directors (CDs) and Country Managers, ensuring accountability to organizational targets, work plans, business plans, country and regional strategies. The RD ensures that Pact’s activities are implemented on-time, on budget, with high-quality products and services, and to the full satisfaction of the sponsoring organization, and that all programs are in alignment with Pact policies and guidelines. The RD works with staff and partners in the region and Pact DC to identify new business opportunities that are consistent with Pact’s strategic priorities, promote thought leadership and be a champion for our Asia Eurasia portfolio.
This position can be located in the DC headquarters office or in the Asia Eurasia region.
- Lead development of regional strategies, learnings and opportunities
- Work with VP on identifying new COs for expansion
- Provide guidance and management to assigned Country Directors and/or Project Leads
- Ensure achievement of country performance, including revenue targets and new business targets.
- Champion and support efforts to improve the consistency of management practices and enhance the ability to mitigate risks and deliver programmatic results.
- Identify key management and technical priorities for COs and recommend corrective actions and support. This is done in a consultative manner within the organization.
- Promote the consistent implementation of Pact’s global policies and procedures.
- Travel to COs to support country leadership, strategy, external relations and project management
- Promote interregional and global learning through regional exchanges and peer learning.
- Enable and support CDs in developing business plans for growth and identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in coordination with Pact’s technical and portfolio teams.
- Ensure new opportunities, proposals, and budgets are implementable.
- Collaboratively utilize data, reports, evaluations and other internal and external resources to improve program implementation.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and sharing of methodologies and results across Pact.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the regional and DC development community for building/maintaining/expanding a regional program.
- Identify and implement regional thought leadership opportunities
- Represent and be spokesperson for Pact at regional fora
- Meet and promote Pact’s work with donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Represent regional and global perspectives in Pact leadership and contribute to global human resource recruitment and policy development.
- Mentoring and coaching of CDs
- BA and at least 12 years of relevant experience, or an MA at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and extensively
- Experience in Asia Eurasia at leadership level
- Fluency in English
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Experience in a similar role within the international development sector
- Demonstrated leadership of Asia Eurasia country or regional offices
- Demonstrated leadership as team leader of major donor project and staff
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead complex field-based contracts and projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capability in strategic visioning, planning and agency representation
- Experience working with a variety of international donor organizations
- Proficiency in at least one other regionally relevant languag
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.