The Voices for Peace (V4P) project is a 5-year, USAID-supported media messaging and communications cooperative agreement that will cover Burkina Faso, Chad, and Niger, with an expansion to Cameroon at the end of the year. A continuation of EA’s ongoing peace and tolerance work in these countries, the goal of the anticipated project is to amplify moderate voices of peace and tolerance as part of a broader effort to reduce vulnerability to violent extremism in the Sahel.
The Regional Procurement Officer will coordinate regional procurement activities and processes to acquire goods and services. She/he will successfully coordinate the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities and ensure stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability. The Regional Procurement Officer will be based Niamey, Niger and should expect to travel to the other country offices, as needed. He/she will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Coordinate fully compliant procurement systems and operating procedures. Assess effectiveness and efficiency and recommend improvements. Contribute to ensuring compliance with EAI procurement principles, standards, and policies, donor regulations, and local statutory requirements.
- Deliver in-person and remote procurement capacity building and/or training to finance and program staff.
- Coordinate with various departments to develop and maintain an up-to-date procurement plan with all quantities, quality and delivery requirements for goods and services. Provide pricing information to assist budget holders with budget preparation.
- Coordinate the sourcing process and perform various activities to assist with ensuring the best value for money: market research, cost estimates, solicitation documents, bidding process facilitation, supplier identification and research, quality and availability of goods assessment, negotiation, contract/purchase order and other documents preparation.
- Communicate with various program and operations departments to coordinate and track goods/services delivery and receipt and keep everyone informed of the status. Collect information to confirm that goods/services delivered are what have been ordered in the correct quantities and quality, they arrive on schedule and at the right cost.
- Maintain correspondence and constant contact with suppliers to follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions, and handle issues if needed. Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
- Accountable for transparency within the procurement department through ensuring a complete, accurate and up-to-date document trail of all procurement processes, vendor files, procurement and inventory database to assist with control and accountability. Prepare reports and facilitate document retrieval.
- Manage the procurement process related to the construction and rehabilitation of local radio stations.
- Performs special projects as needed and assigned.
- 5+ years work experience in procurement/purchasing management, logistics, administration, preferably with a US Government-funded international organization.
- Previous experience on large USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID rules and regulations, preferred understanding as pertains to construction projects.
- Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions.
- Knowledge of contract terms, as well as a proven ability to successfully complete purchase orders against specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; fluency in French and English required.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter detailing relevant experience, including a daily rate, along with a CV no later than September 25, 2017. Please respond to email@example.com with “Regional Procurement Officer” in the subject line to apply.
About Equal Access
Equal Access International is a dynamic communications for social change non-governmental organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization to address the most critical challenges in the developing world. Headquartered in San Francisco, our work spans the globe. The Equal Access Africa field offices are located in Niger, Chad, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, and Nigeria and include programs that focus on peacebuilding and tolerance as part of a broader effort to reduce vulnerability to violent extremism in the Sahel.