- Job Summary:
Provides technical support and guidance to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in Social and Behavior Change (SBC). Provides support based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence-based SBC methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. Builds SBC capacity in country-level, regional or global program staff. Supports programs to ensure that SBC program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound. Keep up to date on current of evolving SBC technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise. Responsible for sharing best practices in SBC and contributes to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks. Shares new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel.
***This is a temporary position through mid-October 2018.
- Provides technical support in SBC including: design, development, and planning of SBC programs.
- Supports and ensures the execution of SBC capacity strengthening strategies and activities within assigned portfolio.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components of programs, including SBC materials and messages.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities adhere to appropriate global strategies and guidelines, and remain technically sound.
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
- Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Supports the development and monitoring of work plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for SBC.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated program/project management skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- 3-5 Years of experience in providing and leading technical direction in SBC projects and/or programs.
- Experience in designing and implementing capacity strengthening programs.
- Experience in emerging SBC methods and approaches such as human centered design, behavioral economics, and/or digital media preferred.
- Subject matter experience and/or expertise in HIV, FP/RH, nutrition, malaria, or other related health area preferred.
- Has ability to provide technical assistance to projects, ensure high quality SBC outputs and impact, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of SBC activities.
- New business development experience in SBC.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language; French or Spanish preferred.
- 10% - 25%. Willingness to travel to fragile states preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.