In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives .
MSI is seeking a qualified team leader for a performance evaluation of Health System Strengthening (HSS) project. The goal of the HSS component of USAID’s Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Program is to develop and support innovative, cost effective, integrated, and quality programs to strengthen health systems around reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) for improved outcomes. The primary focus of the program under the HSS project is: 1) strengthening systems that will foster improved RMNCH service delivery and outcomes, Including accountability and transparency; 2) strengthening management capacity at the provincial and district levels; 3) developing innovative approaches to catalyze community outreach services and access to health services for marginalized populations (including financing schemes); and 4) strengthening private sector delivery for the urban and rural poor populations.
The team leader will provide the evaluation expertise to a team of sector specialists, field researchers, and analysts and be responsible for the overall conduct and deliverables of the assignment. The evaluation will begin on or about June 10, 2017 and finish by the end of September 2017. The anticipated level of effort for the team leader is 80-85 days.
- The team leader will manage the activities of the team, drawing on the strengths of individual team members to produce the best possible evaluation report.
- In collaboration with MSI staff and team members, the team leader will:
- Lead a week-long team planning workshop to design the evaluation.
- Guide the team in developing data collection instruments, a data collection plan, and a data analysis plan.
- Lead a briefing with USAID staff prior to field work.
- Guide the fieldwork and qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Present results to USAID and implementing partners.
- Take the lead in writing reports and briefing papers.
- Undertake other tasks required for the successful completion of the study under the direction of PERFORM staff.
- The team leader is ultimately responsible for all deliverables including the final evaluation report.
- At least a master’s degree in a relevant field (public health, public policy, social sciences, or a related field) and 15 years of professional experience or a Ph.D. in a relevant field with at least 10 years of experience.
- Experience leading evaluations, preferably of USAID projects.
- Specific experience evaluating health system strengthening strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID, USAID health programming, and USAID evaluation policy.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills.
- Excellent English writing skills, particularly evaluation reports.
- Fluency in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods.
- Experience working in Pakistan and/or South Asia preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.