Stacy specialises in the management of international development programmes with a key focus on behaviour change, research, innovation, strategic communications and policy development. She has 17+ years of management and communications experience having worked in both the public and private sectors. She is an expert communicator and has worked on social, political and corporate campaigns; she also appears frequently in and on the international media as a commentator on US affairs.
She is active in the international development community, having previously served as the Global Chair of the C4D Network, and is passionate about the use of communications, dialogue, advocacy and outreach to create real and sustainable change. Stacy has experience working directly with governments - (Ministers, legislators, civil servants), NGOs, donor partners, international organisations and political leaders.
Some of her previous projects include:
- UNICEF, South Sudan - development of the national communication strategy for the reduction of child marriage
- UNICEF, Tanzania - development of a national community education toolkit for the improvement of child nutrition
- SIDA, Rwanda - Mid-term evaluation and Advocacy strategy w/capacity building for national Societal Healing and Participatory Governance Program - led by Interpeace and Never Again Rwanda
- DFID, Northern Nigeria - lead communications consultant and sub-contractor (Taysha) to the 5 year programme MNCH2 - Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme in Northern Nigeria - strategy development, knowledge management, outreach, digital media engagement, podcast production and more
- DFID, Northern Nigeria - evaluation and revamp of behaviour change materials and approach for the UNITED programme on vaccines for neglected tropical diseases; included training on behaviour change communications with the State Ministries and Federal Ministry of Health.
- DFID, Pakistan - Designed, developed and implemented a national pilot campaign to increase the submission of tax returns and payment of taxes
- USAID, South Africa - Evaluation of small grants program to improve knowledge about and reduce stigma of HIV/AIDS