This 71-page paper from the World Bank reviews 13 case studies of countries affected by current or recent conflict that have specifically incorporated community-driven development (CDD) in their devel
The Communication Initiative Network and Partnership convenes the communication and media for development, social and behavioural change community to share knowledge, connect, debate relevant issues, and critically review each other's work in order to advance effective development action across and between all development priorities. Contact Warren
DEVELOPMENT CONVERSATIONS - The Communication Initiative Network
The Communication Initiative Partners - Recent News
- Internship Digital Communications for ICT4Ag within the Policies, Markets and ICTs Programme
- Phase II Launch of Wazazi Nipendeni (“Love Me, Parents”) Campaign Receives Widespread Media Coverage
- Beyond the Health Benefits, What Does Family Planning Have to Do with the SDGs?
- Working Together to Reach One Million Women and Their Partners: West Africa and the Ouagadougou Partnership
- Why NOT to Use Pie Charts and Other Fun Tips: An Introductory Course on Data Visualization
- New Registry Reveals eHealth Happenings in Senegal’s Own Back Yard
- In a Decentralized Indonesia, Local Support for Family Planning is Key
- Amidst Ebola Crisis, Coordination and Long-Term Thinking Pay Off
- Sexual and Reproductive Health—What Works to Reach Men?
- On International Youth Day, Let’s Call for Full Contraceptive Choice for Youth
- Will This Be Our Decade of Data Use?
- ICT4Ag: improving their use in farmer cooperatives
- Maternal Health – What Fathers Have to do with it
- One Good App Deserves Another
- Five Health Care Tools to Save Lives in Africa
- Nigerian Superstar 2Face Sings for Malaria-Free Possibility
- ICT uptake and usage in agricultural value chains in the Caribbean
- A Radio Drama in Malawi Entertains a Healthier Community
The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) announces the launch of the 2009 Canada-Latin America and the Caribbean Research Exchange Grants (LACREG) programme.
UNESCO Culture - Special Issue on Publications website on July 10 2009.
Success Stories in the Use of Information and Communication Technologies for Agricultural Research and Technological Innovation in Latin America and the CaribbeanSubmitted by jlevy on July 8, 2009 - 11:22am
INFOTEC website accessed on June 30 2009.
Department of Communication, University of Oklahoma
This article explores the ways in which community radio is being used to challenge cultural assumptions in Colombia's "cowboy country".
Posting to the OURMEDIA listserv, March 4 2009; and Upstream Journal Jan/Feb 2009, Vol. 22 No. 3.
This document presents a communication for development approach originally implemented by the Brazilian News Agency for Children's Rights, Agencia de Noticias dos Direitos da Infancia (ANDI) [News Age
Facing the Challenge: Children’s Rights and Human Development in Latin American News Media, accessed on April 18 2009.
La Iniciativa de Comunicación; and email from Greg Childs to The Communication Initiative on April 10 2009.