HarvestPlus seeks a highly-motivated Visual Communications Specialist I/II to join our team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, creative, and team-oriented individual with experience creating and managing compelling visual communications in a dynamic environment. This exempt position is a one year, fixed term, renewable appointment and is located at HarvestPlus headquarters in Washington, DC.
HarvestPlus improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals while providing global leadership on evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH). CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. The HarvestPlus program is coordinated by two of these centers, the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and produce all visual communications including print design, web graphics, photography, video production, and branding.
- Maintain the HarvestPlus brand by providing oversight of brand strategy, guidelines, and templates; ensure correct application of brand throughout global programs and operations (brand master).
- Produce graphic designs of all HarvestPlus internal and external outputs including web graphics, publications, promotional, and collateral materials including related coordination and management of vendors, as needed.
- Provide graphic design and branding guidance to staff and country offices to ensure consistency and quality of all HarvestPlus outputs (publications, video, reports, presentations, etc.); assist with the development of country level communication materials.
- Serve as photographer, and photo editor/manager including implementation and management of a HarvestPlus digital photo library and online repository (Flickr), editing, selection, and distribution of photos for internal and external needs.
- Serve as videographer including production, filming and editing of videos and management of online channels.
Website (External and Internal Portal)
- Assist with content creation, management, and analytics of HarvestPlus websites.
- Develop and administer internal communications and information sharing platform on SharePoint.
- Manage content and administer the Communications site on SharePoint/HarvestPlus Portal.
- Collect and analyze web, social media, and other statistics to provide support for strategy decisions.
- Supervise the production and release of external electronic newsletters.
- Advise the use of social media and other web 2.0 tools including strategy development, content curation, and expansion to new platforms; create videos and graphics for web and social media forms.
- Coordinate printing and purchase of HarvestPlus publications and materials with local and international vendors.
- Supervise the management and distribution of HarvestPlus collateral and promotional materials.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Development, or a related field, plus three years of relevant experience.
o At the Visual Communications Specialist II level, a Master’s degree in Communications, International Development, or a related field, plus five years of relevant experience.
· Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio.
· Proficient with photo and video equipment, and proven professional shooting experience with an eye-catching portfolio.
· Up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of desktop publishing software (e.g. PageMaker, InDesign), and photo and video-editing software.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media and web 2.0 platforms, with demonstrated experience generating engaging content, analyzing metrics, and interacting with and attracting followers.
· Outstanding organizational and planning skills, and exceptionally detail-oriented.
· Solid project management skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities.
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented environment with diverse groups of people.
· Ability and willingness to travel internationally if needed.
· Experience working at an international organization.
· Proficient in a second language (French, Spanish, Portuguese).
· Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint.
Click on the following link to access the Visual Communications Specialist I/II job application: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IFPRI&cws=1&rid=1670
Please complete the online application and provide a complete resume, detailed letter of interest, and three references. For more information about HarvestPlus and/or IFPRI, please visit our websites at www.HarvestPlus.org and www.ifpri.org. EOE.