The MenCare Media & Resources page of the MenCare website displays the campaign's latest videos from around the world that demonstrate the ways in which men are engaging in fatherhood and caregiving. It lists publications on topics taken up by the videos and provides resources on campaigns to stop sexual violence against children, including posters.
- Video - What Fathers have to do with it.
- Video clips - This page offers multilingual clips of fathers from India, Brazil, Rwanda, and Nicaragua.
- Video - Marcio's Story on a Brazilian father telling of how fatherhood plays an integral role in men's lives, coupled with a link to the publication: "Men Who Care".
- Video - MenCare's Progress Report at the 2012 Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting Delivered by Gary Barker, International Director of Promundo, a Coordinator of MenCare.
- Video - Spotlight on MenCare, promoting MenCare’s mission to support caring fathers and capturing MenCare’s key messages.
- Video - Carlos' Story tells one man's story of abuse in Nicaragua and his journey to speak out against this abuse.
Posters are available from campaigns in Brazil, Chile, and Turkey.
Documents on sexual violence include:
Hidden Violence: Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse of Adolescent Boys: A Briefing Paper by MenCare
Further resource links include:
- "1in6 Campaign - Researchers estimate that 1 in 6 men have experienced unwanted or abusive sexual experiences before age 18. The mission of 1in6 is to help men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences in childhood live healthier, happier lives.
- Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) - SVRI is a global research initiative that aims to promote priority driven, good quality research in the area of sexual violence, particularly in developing countries. They are building an experienced and committed network of researchers, policy makers, activists and donors to ensure that the many aspects of sexual violence are addressed from the perspective of different disciplines and cultures.
- Oak Foundation - Oak's Child Abuse Program envisions a world in which all children are protected from sexual abuse and sexual exploitation. Recognizing that for many children these forms of abuse do not exist in isolation from other forms of abuse and violence, Oak supports initiatives that: directly address sexual abuse and sexual exploitation; and/or diminish other forms of abuse and violence that are related to or impact upon sexual abuse and sexual exploitation.
- ONE in FIVE - The Council of Europe's campaign to stop sexual violence against children has two main goals: to achieve further signature, ratification and implementation of the Council of Europe Convention on the Protection of Children against Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse; to equip children, their families/carers and societies at large with the knowledge and tools to prevent and report sexual violence against children, thereby raising awareness of its extent."
Materials in various languages including English, Portuguese, and several Indian languages.
MenCare website, October 9 2012.