Published by Southern Africa HIV and AIDS Information Dissemination Service (SAfAIDS), this HIV and GBV (gender-based violence) Prevention Package for Community Based Volunteers (CBVs) and Community Prevention Mobilisers is designed for community members working to prevent HIV and gender-based violence, and caring and supporting those affected.
The package contains the following different guides and tools:
- Men are Protectors: Preventing HIV and GBV: "Think Before You Act: Is it Worth it?" - A Voice Raised - A life Saved: Become a Champion for HIV Prevention!
- Short Dramas and Story Telling Guide - How to use techniques of short dramas and story telling. This guide also provides examples of stories and short dramas to use in activities with community groups.
- My HIV and GBV Prevention Diary - a daily with hints and tips for prevention.
- Say No to HIV and GBV In Our Community (Flip Chart)
- Support Cards - focusing on helping and supporting survivors, reaching young people and breaking the cycle of violence, 16 Days of Activism, and working with police and legal services.
- Action Cards - highlighting caring partners, checking violence in communities, condoms, rights and responsibilities in HIV prevention, and cultural approaches.
SAfAIDS website October 1 2010.