Washington, DC, United States
The theme of this global conference is: "Delivering solutions for girls and women," and the organisers plan to focus on political, economic, social/cultural, and technological solutions. Women Deliver 2010 aims to move the dialogue to the global arena with two messages:
- The MDGs will not be achieved without investing in women.
- There is just enough time, if the world commits funding now, to achieve MDG5 — additional US$10 billion annually by 2010 and US$20 billion by 2015.
Women Deliver will not be soliciting abstracts for panels or speaker presentations.
The core themes of the conference sessions are currently listed as:
- Maternal and Newborn Health
- Health of Girls and Women
- Family Planning
- HIV and AIDS
- Cross-Cutting Strategic Approaches
- Advocacy and Activism
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Human Rights and the Law
- Development and Empowerment
- Climate and People
- Corporate Involvement
Register early for US$500 by February 28 2010.
Normal registration is US$650 by June 4 2010.
On-site registration will be available during the conference for US$800.