The overall objective of this course, offered by MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, is to enable participants to appreciate the importance of taxation and revenue collection in relation to social change. According to MSTCDC, by the end of the course, participants will understand taxation from a development view point, and acquire skills to mobilise and support efforts to demand utilisation of funds from tax for poverty elimination.
The course content includes the following:
- The concept, types and framework of taxation
- Taxation for social change and poverty elimination
- Tax evasion and avoidance
- Tax justice in developing countries
- The role of CSOs in the taxation process
- The political economy of taxation
- Transparency and accountability in taxation
- Tools for revenue analysis.
Click here for more information.
The course is intended for practitioners working in civil society organisations, government and other development agencies engaged in governance and accountability work.
Fee for the Course: Single room US$ 695 or Shared double US$ 585.
Click here to download the course application form in PDF format.