The overall objective of this course, offered by MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, is to enhance participant's ability to deliver and demand a variety of mechanisms, schemes, and approaches through which economic and social wellbeing can be attained and guaranteed. According to MSTCDC, participants will be able to know and demand for a range of social protecton mechanisms including unemployment benefits, pensions, child support, housing assistance, national health insurance, job-creation schemes, retraining programmes, and agricultural insurance.
The course content includes the following:
- Key concepts of social protection and social justice
- Tools for identifying social and economic risks
- Social protection mechanisms
- Policy interventions and approaches
- Campaigning and lobbying for social protection
- Monitoring social indicators.
Click here for more information.
The course is intended for community based organisations, programme managers, coordinators, and those in charge of projects within NGOs, CBOs, development agencies and other CSO groups.
Fee for the Course: Single room US$ 695 or Shared double US$ 585.
Click here to download the course application form in PDF format.