The overall objective of this course, offered by MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MSTCDC), is to enable participants to use evidence to analyse policies and advocate for people centered policy formulation and implementation. According to MSTCDC, by the end of the course, the participants will understand the key policy processes and how public policies inform laws. They will also be able to apply a range of tools in influencing policy processes and how evidence based policy analysis is used to advocate for policy changes.
The course content includes the following:
- Key concepts and definitions in policy advocacy;
- The policy making cycle;
- Key relationships between policies and laws;
- Evidence policy analysis and advising;
- Advocacy strategies and tools: Research; Lobbying; Communication; Coalition building and Monitoring; and
- Evaluation of advocacy strategies.
Click here for more information.
The course is intended for human rights programme personnel and activists, policy analysts, media personnel, youth leaders, donor agencies, humanitarian staff, middle level and senior managers, women leaders in civil society organisations, technical staff in local governments, and in other development related agencies.
Fee for the Course: US$ 350
Click here to download the course application form in PDF format.