The overall objective of this course, offered by MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, is to enable practitioners to learn peace building and conflict transformation skills. According to MSTCDC, by the end of the course, participants will acquire skills in conflict analysis, conflict resolution, conflict management, and how to build peace. They will be empowered to question and influence conflict mitigation strategies and policies.
The course content includes the following:
- Conflicts in Africa; Historical perspectives on the entrenchment of violence
- Understanding the concepts of peace, justice and reconciliation
- Conflict resolution and social justice
- The continuum of conflict resolution strategies.
- Exploration of indigenous mechanisms and third party intervention
- Dealing with victims
- The challenges of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDP's)
- Relief, rehabilitation and development as part of peace-building
- Democratic peace-building processes.
Click here for more information.
The course is intended for middle to senior level practitioners from development organisations working in conflict and post conflict contexts.
Fee for the Course: Single room US$ 1390 or Shared double US$ 1170.
Click here to download the course application form in PDF format.