Johannesburg, South Africa
The Institute for the Advancement of Journalism (IAJ) is organising a 3-day course to build skills in the practice of investigative journalism. The approach for this course will be facilitated adult learning, guided by an experienced IAJ facilitator who is a veteran investigative journalist. According to IAJ, this outcomes-based education methodology is interactive, hands-on, based on real case studies, and is designed to produce practical skills.
The practical course will cover:
- Pitch your stories to your editor
- Identify and mapping key sources
- Gauge the value of your sources
- Forensic interviewing skills
- Manage vulnerable sources and journalistic ethics
- Mine new media for information
- Reconstruct and create a paper trail
- Understand the numbers and making them easy for your audience
- Cut through the spin; and, write up the investigation to captivate audience.
Click here for more information about the course.
To enquire about registration and fees, please contact IAJ below.