This 7-module, 7-week online course, offered by EMPOWERHOUSE, seeks to cover community radio management basics and take participants through the A-Z of how to get the sustainability elements of community radio (CR) right. It also intends to create a space for discussion and debate around CR-related topics with CR managers and activists, CR network facilitators, CR supporters and advisers, and Communication for development practitioners and planners.
In terms of learning objectives, the training course will enable participant to:
- Get the knowledge and skills required to develop community ownership in and around the community radio through community mapping, mobilisation and organisation;
- Organise, structure, and manage a participatory development and empowerment radio;
- Mobilise and organise community volunteer broadcasters;
- Identify the technical configuration you need and how to manage this in the community;
- Identify the important issues and priority themes in the community and develop skills to turn these into effective radio programmes; and
- Address sustainability issues and develop partnerships with the relevant stakeholders.
Target groups are:
- Local facilitators and mobilisers;
- Community radio staff;
- Community radio network staff;
- Government officials responsible for national planning;
- Donors and organisations who want to support empowerment; and
- Academics and students.
This course builds on the EMPOWERHOUSE publication "Empowerment Radio – Voices Building Communities" written by the trainer, Birgitte Jallov.
Click here to find out more about this course.
875 US$ per participant (ordinary price)
650 US$ per participant if you sign up before May 1st.
500 US$ if you are a student or work in a communty radio.
A limited number of EMPOWERHOUSE grants are available. Special group discounts are also available.
All discount prices can to be obtained from: firstname.lastname@example.org