The overall objective of this course, offered by MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, is to improve representation and full participation of women in just and democratic governance processes. According to MSTCDC, by the end of the course, participants will have developed an understanding of gender related processes in governance and acquired skills to address gender inequalities, promote women’s participation in development interventions at all levels.
The course content includes the following:
- Key concepts and definitions
- Key relationships: Gender, women rights and human rights principles and practices
- Gender audit of the national and local governments
- Power analysis and resource mapping
- Representation and participation of women: opportunities and challenges
- Developing gender responsive strategies.
Click here for more information.
The course is intended for civil society organisations, technical staff in local governments, politicians (councilors), and senior and middle level managers in development agencies.
Fee for the Course: Single room US$ 695 or Shared double US$ 585.
Click here to download the course application form in PDF format.