According to the organisers of this course, MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, by the end of the course, participants will be able to analyse and interpret the complex relationship between gender inequality, gender based violence (GBV) in regard to development inequalities.
The course content includes the following:
- Key concepts and gender based violence cycle
- Gender equality and human rights
- Gender based violence (specifically violence against women) as a barrier to development
- Harmful traditional practices as a form of GBV
- GBV in conflict and post conflict situations
- Challenges for policy and practice
- Addressing gender based violence: prevention and responses
- Gender responsiveness policy influencing and programming.
Click here for more information.
The course is intended for gender and women’s rights programme personnel, human resource managers, youth leaders, donor agencies, humanitarian staff, middle level and senior managers, women leaders in civil society organisations, and technical staff in local governments and in other development related agencies.
Fee for the Course: Single room US$ 695 or Shared double US$ 585.
Click here to download the course application form in PDF format.