In conjunction with Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health (PATH), the Gender and Health Research Unit, Medical Research Council of South Africa, International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) and Liverpool VCT Kenya, the GBV Prevention Network will host a 2 week skill building workshop on researching violence against women.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the issue of gender and gender based violence;
- Demonstrate an understanding of violence against women as a public health issue;
- Demonstrate an understanding how to develop a research strategy;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different methods used in violence against women with an emphasis of the use of epidemiology in such studies;
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the research can be used in advocacy; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complexities and awareness of the challenges of doing research on gender violence.
Deadline for applications is Monday: July 5 2010.
Click here for more details and to download the application form.