The overall objective of this course, offered by MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MSTCDC), is to introduce participants to community empowerment principles so that communities can assert their rights in seeking social justice. According to MSTCDC, participants will gain the skills, knowledge, and confidence to empower communities, and will learn effective strategies for mobilising communities living in poverty and exclusion to effect positive social change.
The course content includes the following:
- Key empowerment concepts and human rights based approach;
- Citizenship, civic education and empowerment;
- Power and risk analysis;
- Solidarity, social movements and social mobilisation for citizen-driven change;
- Strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to empowerment; and
- Core competencies for empowerment leading to social change.
Click here for more information.
The course is intended for community resource persons, programme managers, coordinators, and those in charge of projects within NGOs, CBOs, development agencies, and other CSO groups.
Fee for the Course: Single room US$ 695 or Shared double US$ 585.
Click here to download the course application form in PDF format.