International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is inviting African Journalists to participate in a six-week online course under the theme "Covering Development in Africa". The course will be led by two media consultants with extensive experience working in Africa.
Among the topics to be covered during the course:
- How to identify good development stories
- Key Issues in reporting agriculture, mining, and the environment
- Human capital: Development journalism and education, health and social welfare
- Using data to enrich development stories
- Reporting on the role of government, international organisations, and foreign aid.
Click here for more information about the course.
Deadline date for registration: May 6, 2013. The course is open to computer-literate African journalists with at least five years of professional experience. Participants must be willing to spend time reading materials, researching assignments, and interacting online with instructors and fellow participants.
Click here to register online.