Amref Health Africa, in partnership with the World Health Organisation, is hosting a conference under the theme From Evidence to Action: Lasting Health Change for Africa. "The three day conference will focus on exchange of scientific results and debates on strategic ideas and application of knowledge to inform health care financing, human resources for health, community systems strengthening and the post 2015 health agenda. It brings together leaders, players and partners in African health development and advocacy. It is an important forum for discussions on how Africa can influence the global health agenda to improve health and health rights on the continent."
The objectives of the Amref Health Africa International Conference are to:
- share cutting-edge research on health and health systems in Africa;
- identify and discuss priorities in addressing Africa’s health in the post-2015 agenda; and
- bring together stakeholders in health to reflect on home-grown solutions to health system challenges in Africa.
The conference will address five key themes:
- Reproductive health and maternal and neonatal child health
- HIV, TB and Malaria
- Water, sanitation, and hygiene
- New and emerging health priorities
- Innovation, technology, and health
Click here for more information about the conference.
The conference invites partners from academic institutions, non-governmental organisations, governments, and individual experts in the health sector from around the globe, and specifically from Africa, to attend. The conference fee is USD 515, and USD 150 for students.
Click here to register online.