Following the First Regional Symposium in Khartoum in 2007, the Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) is organising the 2nd Symposium in collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Zambia, the Zambia National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council, and the Society for Women and AIDS in Africa (SWAA).
The symposium expects to welcome more than 500 delegates from around the world working in the fields of adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and HIV/AIDS.
The objectives of the symposium are to:
- interrogate evidence, research, and responses on adolescent SRHR and HIV in Africa to inform programmes and interventions beyond 2015;
- explore and promote accountability mechanisms and frameworks on adolescent SRHR and HIV in Africa;
- provide a forum for evidence-based advocacy to influence policy, programming, practice, and discourse;
- identify locally driven solutions on adolescent SRHR an HIV that work, and promote their use to foster ownership and sustainability; and
- engender partnerships for ASRHR/HIV with traditional, religious, private sector, and other stakeholders to meet the resource requirements for effective responses.
Click here to view the Symposium Programme.
Click here to view the Symposium website.
The symposium will encourage the participation of young researchers, healthcare workers, and community representatives from the developing world by providing scholarships.
Click here for more information on registration, submitting abstracts, and scholarship applications.
Click here for more information about submitting abstracts. Deadline is October 31 2014.