MUDHA seeks to address the sugar mill population's problems through campaigns, seminars, conferences, and dialogues that foster consensus and awareness amongst the Dominican population, civilian society organisations, government agencies, and the international community.
The organisation's activities also include:
- technical and vocational training programmes that seek to garner women's access to the working market
- educational programmes for children
- efforts to stimulate the involvement of women in health problems through training and transfer of knowledge and skills associated with preventive medicine, first aid, and traditional Dominican and Haitian medical care
- programmes, plans, and actions that are intended to acknowledge Haitian and Dominican women's civil, social, economic, cultural, and political rights, and the rights of their descendants
- efforts to encourage training and strengthening of community groups so that they may then be able to solve community problems and help sustain projects.
Rights, Women, Gender, Economic Development, Political Development.