POSITION: Social and Behavior Change Communications Advisor
LOCATION: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
About The Manoff Group, Inc.:
For the past 40 years, The Manoff Group, Inc. (TMG) has been an international leader in designing and assisting the implementation of programs that effectively promote good nutrition and allow populations to enjoy improved nutritional status. TMG is a leader in social and behavior change communication (SBCC). Its innovative Behavior-Centered Programming approach is a practical methodology for realizing measurable and sustained behavior change at the individual, community and organizational levels. Integral to our work is policy advocacy, capacity development among stakeholders, and behavioral monitoring and evaluation to strengthen a program’s impact on nutrition.
Project & Position Summary:
The Manoff Group, Inc. is recruiting a Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor for an 18 month local staff position to lead formative research and strategy development with technical support on an anticipated OVC project.
The SBCC Advisor will establish the foundation for the successful implementation of activities for an anticipated program to reduce HIV impact, vulnerability and risk and increase uptake of and retention in high impact HIV services among orphans and vulnerable children and adolescents in targeted communities in Zimbabwe. The program seeks to advance local ownership of a comprehensive, integrated, community-based AIDS response to mitigate the impact of HIV on orphans and vulnerable children. It will support families and communities to increase the resilience of vulnerable children and other family members and to reduce susceptibility to HIV infection. The program will contribute to the achievement of PEPFAR and UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals by strengthening community platforms to engage with and support the devolution and scale up of clinical services at the local level.
The successful candidate will develop the formative research plan and lead field work using various techniques including focus groups, in depth interviews and Trials of Improved Practices. S/he will facilitate the team to develop a behavior change strategy with all program partners, with technical support. The result will be a plan where each partner knows their role and commits to program their activities to contribute to the achievement of sustainable program goals. S/he is also responsible to design the SBCC strategy for the program, again coordinating with multiple partners to design a coherent integrated approach.
The successful candidate will have experience and education in social and behavior change as well as experience in at least one technical practice: health, nutrition, HIV, psycho-social well-being and/or education. Facilitation skills and multisectoral experience would be an asset. A commitment to mentor and strengthen the capacity of staff in SBC and SBCC is a must.
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, communications, or a related field.
- A minimum of seven to 10 years’ experience in SBC and SBCC programs.
- Proven experience bringing together a wide network of partners to achieve a common goal and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop contextually tailored social and behavior change strategies that include communication.
- Experience in strengthening capacity of partner staff in behavior change and/or SBCC program planning and implementation.
- Experience designing, conducting and analyzing qualitative formative research, including focus group discussions and Trials of Improved Practices (TIPS).
- Experience in OVC, resilience, gender and service delivery preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Prior experience working with PEPFAR and/or USAID projects preferred.
- Ability to work in Ndebele or Shona is preferred.
The position may require significant domestic travel between project sites.
Please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SBCC Advisor, Zimbabwe” in the subject line.
Candidates must be legal residents of the Zimbabwe. The Manoff Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to diversity in the work place. No relocation expenses will be provided.
Salary commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package will be provided. Position open until filled.