Are you an experienced humanitarian with a mind for strategy and a heart for people? Are you a self-starter who is passionate about program development, donor acquisition, as well as Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E)?
Join our Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) team as our Senior Programs Development and Monitoring Manager (SPDMM)! Your expertise and efforts will seek additional fiscal support from critical donor organizations as well as lay the strategic foundations needed for the critical monitoring and evaluation functions of program development. Sustained funding leads to continued opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Work with leadership to create and articulate a clear vision and strategy for Samaritan’s Purse (SP) in DRC
- Ensure that the development and set up new projects are in line with SP’s in-country strategy
- Oversee all projects are implemented maintaining adherence to SP, donor and statutory guidelines and policies as well as approved budgets and work plans.
- Work with team to develop a clear M & E strategy for the SP-DRC projects and programs
- Ensure all reporting to IHQ, SP Affiliate Offices, government and donors is timely, accurate, appropriate and of the highest quality so as to continue strengthening programs partnerships
- Work closely with sector specialists to improve the technical quality of programming and compliance with best practices such as adherence to humanitarian and development standards and principles
- Develop tools to ensure implementation are conducted as per required quality standard
- Be intentional about soliciting additional funding for the country program through donor mapping and follow up of the funding cycles and priority areas of different potential donors
- Build and cultivate a good working relationship with potential donors and partners
- Identify and report potential donors and projects to the Country Director and pursue opportunities
- Direct line management of program development, sector specialists and M&E team members
- Provide professional representation of SP in different meetings with government, donor and civil society partners; actively and strategically engaging with stakeholders to increase support and publicity for SP Programming
- Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff
- Assist the Country Director in fostering spiritual support, encouragement and growth among all staff
- Demonstrate exemplary Christian servant leadership in all aspects of work and relationships
- Attend morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors & volunteers
- Maintain strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors and the general public
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university plus three to four years of experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Professional proficiency in English and French (verbal and written)
- Experience and outstanding skills in program design, developing proposals, reporting, M&E documents, work-plans, budgets and other project documents.
- Actively engaged in the humanitarian debates, updated on newest international standards.
- Experience working in developing world context
- Demonstrated leadership ability and field level experience in managing multi-million USD humanitarian grants through institutional donors such as USAID, IHA, ECHO, and DFID
- Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking
- Self-starter with ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible