EnCompass seeks a strong, innovative evaluator, capable of managing technical design and implementation, client engagement and teams for both international and domestic projects. The Senior Evaluation Specialist is a full-time position, based out of the EnCompass Rockville, MD office, and reports to the Vice President of Technical Assistance and Evaluation.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Evaluation Specialist leads and/or participates in evaluation and technical assistance projects and activities, supervises staff, and deepens EnCompass’ approach to evaluation.
Essential functions include:
- Provide monitoring/evaluation and subject matter expertise
- Design and manage monitoring and evaluation projects, including effective client engagement, team management, development of data collection strategies and tools; data collection, analysis and interpretation, preparation of high quality evaluation products (may include publishing or presenting significant work), and effective communication/dialogue with clients on findings, recommendations for evaluation use
- Design and facilitate meetings, trainings, and workshops, using appreciative, participatory, adult learning methodologies
- Develop and deepen innovative approaches to evaluation and participate actively in the broader evaluation community
- Manage and contribute to contract implementation, and build and maintain high quality relationships and communications with clients, prime contractors and subcontractors
- Manage contract teams and budgets to ensure quality performance of staff and consultants, including recruitment, hiring and managing consultants
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- Lead or contribute to technical components of proposals
- Contribute to company business development through networking in professional circles Recruit consultants for proposals and contribute to expansion of the Global Consultant Network
- Master’s Degree and minimum of 8 years of experience or PhD and minimum of 6 years of experience in the social sciences, international development, education, public health, or a related field
- In-depth understanding of international development processes, actors and cultures
- Strong qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation skills, including sample design, mixed method designs, data analysis and instrument development
- Quantitative skills should include good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, among others
- Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources
- Strong technical expertise within one or more social development sectors, such as education, democracy and governance, public health, HIV, gender, etc.
- Experience in designing and facilitating interactive meetings and workshops
- Fluency in languages other than English highly desirable
- Knowledge of or experience in applying appreciative inquiry and participatory approaches highly desirable
- Strong technical and general writing skills
- Flexibility and ability to travel internationally or domestically for varying lengths of time
- Proven track record of successful teamwork, good presentation/facilitation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple contracts simultaneously and deliver quality, expected results on time
- Skilled in word processing, database management, spreadsheets (Excel), and web-based programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Strong planning, organization and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience managing and supervising consultants, staff, and teams
- Capability to identify, develop, and maintain a strong network of consultants
- Ability to be flexible in adjusting to client needs and project requirements
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EnCompass LLC. is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.