- advocates for and seeks consultancies for the innovative Community Communication approach, a community mobilization intervention for normative change utilizing innovative communication body tools and rapid entertainment education tools that empower health workers, community volunteers and health session participants to become community communicators regardless of their literacy level or social status.
- advocates for expansion of the SDG3 Skilled Birth Attendant strategy to include community mobilization for timely emergency evacuation on behalf of the over 100 million women who will continue to deliver at home in the near and intermediate term.
- developed and implemented the Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions and Job Aids
- principal author of numerous manuals, publications, and conference presentations.
- facilitated SBCC mass media and community mobilization strategies; monitored with rapid tools and evaluated with major household surveys
- 14 years as Resident BCC Adviser for MNCH in Nigeria and Benin (seconded by Mannion Daniels Ltd., JHUCCP and PATH) and UNFPA Advocacy & IEC Country Support Team Adviser, the South Pacific
- 17+ years with UKaid, USAID, IPPF and Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria
- Fluent French
Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions including Job Aids, Abuja, Nigeria, July 2014
Co-author with Henry V. Doctor, “Reducing maternal mortality and the equity gap in northern Nigeria: the public health evidence for the Community Communication Emergency Referral strategy,” International Journal of Women’s Health, February 2016:(8) 77-92.