Jan 2013– present, Communications and Training Manager, USAID CCEB www.cleanenergy-bd.org
· Coordinate and manage development and production of communications materials for all development initiatives.
· Ensure development and implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy for the project
· Write and edit development documents including: fundraising proposals to indviduals, foundations and corporations; fundraising publications; communications materials such as press release, cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgement of letters.
· Capture and disseminate project success stories and provide necessary inputs in the project website on a timely basis
· Prepare project reports (e.g. annual reports) and development of project written materials and brochures
· Work with training implementers and technical team to organize and develop training materials and participant guides.
· Organize and assist technical teams in developing training plans and arrange required logistics for project events such as workshops, conference and training events and write speeches and develop advancement position papers for senior management.
· Prepare articles and reports on the status of major interventions for distribution to members, prospects, the general public, volunteer support groups, and special interest groups.
· Support in preparing and implementing M&E strategy
Nov 2011 – Sept 2012, Communications Officer, USAID PROGATI www.progatibd.org
· Maintain regular communication with government organisations and civil society partners on project activities
· Compile success stories and training briefs
· Create and update PROGATI Calendar of Events
· Organize and coordinate management of program enhancing events
· Design and publish communications materials for PROGATI events
· Redevelop and update USAID PROGATI website on a regular basis
· Monitor the implementation of Right to Information activities and provide guidance to civil society organizations and media on RTI related issues
· Prepare and submit quarterly, semi-annual and annual M&E reports using both USAID and DAI indicators
Jan - Sept 2011, Communications Officer, iDE Bangladesh www.ideorg.org
· Delivered successful donor visits to the field
· Developed systems for internal communications, including staff meetings, templates, quarterly feedback and reviews
· Conducted internal and external engagement to inform the Communications unit’s strategy
· Project managed the delivery of IDE Annual Report 2010
· Led the development of a new newsletter and website
· Project managed iDE’s re-brand in Bangladesh
· Lead organiser of Annual Retreat 2011 for all 76 staff
Oct- Dec 2010, Fundraising Officer, ARCHIVE Institute www.archiveinstitute.org.uk
· Explored the potential of a variety of fundraising options;
· Searched information on the funding available from various grant making trusts and foundations, and prepared grant applications to those relevant to the aims of the organisation;
· Designed e-mail and other electronic campaigns to raise awareness and online donations.
July – Sep 2009 (paid full time internship placement), Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI) http://www.bei-bd.org
· Programme Management: Organised and managed a workshop on Bangladesh Social Enterprise Project
· Researched on Perception of Social Enterprise: Collecting, organizing and analysing research findings.
· Completed the final workshop reports
Jun-Sep 2008 (paid full time internship placement), Bangladesh Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (BTRC) http://www.btrc.org.bd/
· Completed report on: ‘What role does telecommunication play in the economic development of Bangladesh and how has it changed since the formation of the regulatory board?
· Compiled and designed annual report and edited quarterly reports and articles;
· Played the lead role in BTRC organized World Bank and NASA workshops;
· Represented Bangladesh in Call Centre Expo 2008 in Birmingham, UK as the ‘next outsourcing destination’ and attracted potential business.
Jun-Sep 2006 (internship placement), Grameen Bank Head Quarter, Dhaka, Bangladesh, http://www.grameen-info.org/
· Conducted field research on microfinance: designed surveys and questionnaires and interviewed a hundred households using random sampling method to investigate the link between provision of microfinance and poverty alleviation (as part of an internship report);
· Contributed to the development of standardised training needs assessment tool for the Head Office.
Dec 2004-Jan 2005 (internship placement), Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee (BRAC), www.brac.net/
· Wrote quarterly reports and final reports on various BRAC programme related issues, such as ‘Women in Journalism in Rural Bangladesh’;
· Edited BRAC annual report;
· Helped in organising ‘Development Forum’ as a mechanism to build partnership with corporate business and NGOs.