Under the supervision of the Regional Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean, the Program Associate provides administrative and technical support for programs, planning and communications in the LAC division; he/she will also work in close collaboration with the Financial and Administrative Officer on tasks related to expense and financial reports and tracking, as well as budget preparation. The Program Associate is expected to perform varied tasks requiring prior experience, education and/or training. These tasks may be undertaken in collaboration with any of the LAC project team leads, as necessary and assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Under the supervision of the Regional Manager for LAC, researches and/or contributes to drafts of proposals, statements of interest, concept papers, and other business development-related documents.
- Lead, as assigned, the development of online and other communications materials for LAC projects.
- Draft and prepare monthly LAC project updates; lead drafting of LAC project reports, as needed/requested by donor(s), i.e. quarterly, final, update, etc.
- Assist in design and development of M&E plans; oversight of M&E for LAC projects.
- Provide support and work with LAC Financial and Administrative Officer in assembly of financial and expense reports.
- Support tracking of project budgets and related work plan pipelines.
- Produce program-specific expense reports, wire transfer requests, voucher submissions, credit card reconciliations and other administration as needed.
- Lead and track the transfer of LAC project financial documentation to Agresso.
- Prepare and track personal services contracts and outside service contracts.
- In collaboration with the LAC Business Manager organize and maintain LAC project documentation in Egnyte.
- In coordination with LAC Business Manager, oversee and manage subgrants, if applicable; including set-up, monitoring, tracking, communications, etc.
- Coordinate and ensure completion of project deliverables, i.e. reports, surveys, assessments, M&E, etc.
- Prepare correspondence and reports from meetings, conferences and discussion panels.
- Support and assist project activity tracking schedules and follow-up communications.
- Support special events and partner meetings, including coordinating agendas and travel logistics; represent LAC and Internews at external or online events, as needed.
- In collaboration with the LAC Regional Manager, attend outside events, conferences, discussion panels, and report to the team.
- Participate in annual work planning for LAC.
- Ensures proper information transfer and knowledge management of LAC projects.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Relevant advanced degree.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for LAC region and freedom of expression and media initiatives and strategies.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with proposal and report writing.
- Experience with MS Excel and Word.
- Experience making complex travel arrangements.
- Proven team member skills.
- Proven organization skills, with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Strong interpersonal/team skills.
- Fluency in Spanish preferable.
- Experience with financial management and familiarity with USG rules and regulations.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience, familiarity with logic models and program management plans (PMPs).
- Experience preparing expense reports and budgets.
- Demonstrated understanding of and/or experience with developing world information environments, including technical, political and social factors; familiarity with one or more languages.
- Online editorial or information curation experience.
- Familiarity and capabilities for creating online reading and communications products.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.