Pritha Roy Choudhury
☏ + 91 7042750836
A self-motivated professional committed to pursuing a long–term career in the field of social development. A consistent performer recognised for combining work excellence, integrity and innovation with best practices and disciplined attention. To work in a professional environment with utmost sincerity and to explore various areas and learn more for professional and personal development
- Good proven professional record, knowledge and skills
- Fast learner and creative
- Fully proficient in managing external and internal relationship
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with story concepts
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
January 2015 until date
Program Coordinator, Institute for Global Development, an Off-shoot of Mamta-HIMC
- Conceptualizing, planning, execution and monitoring of social developmental projects in National Capital region on health and women welfare.
- Maintaining and managing donor relationships for the social organization
- Preparing communication material for donors, internal and external stakeholders of projects
August 2014 till December 2014
Correspondent, Asian News International (India's premier News agency and Asian partner of Reuters
Working for the Reuters news desk producing three bulletins in a day for both Indian and international media houses.
December 2007 till July 2014-10-10
Independent Writer / Researcher
- Blogging on health, environment and developmental issues at www.media4achange.wordpress.com
- Written interviews/ stories for an International Travel trade magazine
- Researcher on-roll for a study report on investment and trade development for an emerging country in South Asia
- Collated and Researched on a report legal support system for North-east India region
April 2007 till December 2007
Senior Sub-editor, Merinews.com (India's first participatory citizen journalism portal)
- Responsible for coordinating, collating and editing copies on various events / issues written by citizen journalists across India and outside.
March 2001 till March 2007
Correspondent, Asian News International (India's premier News agency and Asian partner of Reuters)
- Responsible for covering various events in and around Delhi, scripting and editing them. The stories covered are then picked up by National & International channels such as Reuters, BBC, CNN and SKY, Doordarshan, NDTV, ZEE TV, AAJTAK, SAHARA, ASIANET and as well as the regional ones.
- Handling a team of 12 reporters and assigning stories to them.
- Coordinating with the 50 Bureaus in different parts of the country and the Indian Sub Continent. Responsible for assigning them stories and getting the same done within defined timelines.
- Contributed extensively for the print/ online wire service catering to clients such as yahoo.com, web123india.com, keralanext.com, and also for the Radio division
- Handled SAN bulletin for Channel 55, UK
- Covered stories on HIV/AIDS, stories on accessibility of Health facility infrastructure, Pediatric health.
- Extensively worked on issues relating a number of wild species on the verge of extinction due to human error/ negligence.
- Covered Political stories, stories of human interest and interviewed eminent personalities like Meghnad Desai - an economist, Rita Ganguli - classical singer, Kavita Krishnamurthy - playback singer, L Subramaniam - violinist, Jagjit Singh - Ghazal singer, Muzzafar Ali - film director and theatre personality, Ajay Jadeja - cricketer.
- Covered important events like Lakme India Fashion Week and Prabasi Bharatiya Diwas.
OTHER JOURNALISTIC ASSIGNMENTS
- Parakh: Worked as a correspondent for this weekly news program from April-2000 to Feb 2001. Covered Political and Human-interest stories in the North Eastern region of the country. The region still remains unexplored. Was mainly reporting from the states of Assam, Meghalaya and Tripura.
- Print Journalism: Contributed articles and features regularly to various newspapers in Assam and Meghalaya. Was editorial in charge of the in-house magazine of IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) magazine named "Glimpses"
- All India Radio: Participated in various discussions on the premier Radio Station of North-East.
Pursuing Masters in Social Work (IGNOU)
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Chemistry from NEHU, Shillong, Meghalaya
Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (IGNOU)
Certified DOEACC ‘O’ Level course from Shillong, Meghalaya
Schooling from Pine Mount School, Shillong, Meghalaya
Language proficiency Fluent in English, Hindi, Bengali and Assamese
Reading Travelogues and subjects of historical importance, listening to classical music and Ghazal
Date of Birth 02-10-1971
Marital Status Married
Permanent Address #40 B, Navyug Adarsh Apartments,
Vikaspuri, New Delhi 110018 (INDIA)