A position as a consultant or as a program manager that would capitalize on my experience in communications and project development, while contributing to international development and humanitarian works.
Public relations professional with international and multi-tiered expertise in information with government agencies, private and community sectors. Efficient project manager and key resource for canvassing and follow-up pertaining to complex casework. Autonomous individual who willingly embraces the work culture and team efforts. Attentive listener, critical thinker who shows leadership and aims for solutions.
French, English, Haitian Creole. Canadian with multicultural background.
Computer literacy, driver’s license. Hygiene and food safety certificate; first-aid certificate.
Charlevoix Tourism 2009 - 2012
Communications and Development Manager
· Provides monitoring and evaluation of tourism development projects, client relations with tourism promoters, administrative and budget follow-ups. Drafts recommendations to donors and political partners in Capitale-Nationale Region. Manages a $1.6 M financial grant program (Québec Ministry of Tourism) for the completion of several business plans and feasability studies.
· Leads and supervises in-house, public and promotional information projects. Launches Web strategies for campaign entitled Charlevoix, que du bonheur!, that generated a 33% increase in website visits from its inception, in late 2011.
· Organizes events, press and FAM tours. Participates in the new branding of the Charlevoix tourist destination.
Institut de coopération pour l’éducation des adultes, Montréal 2009
Public Information Agent
- Manages outreach information related to literacy and education-for-all initiatives, like UNESCO’s CONFINTEA VI summit.
Association nationale pour la formation
professionnelle des adultes (AFPA) 2008
Assistant Communications Manager
- Creates articles to encourage target groups in the Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur region (France) to learn trades, to validate their work experience and to go into business.
NC Service-Conseil & Communications 2002-2007
- Supervises human, budgetary and material resources for catering establishments hosting private, corporate and diplomatic events in the Washington, DC area.
The Florida Channel & WFSU-TV (PBS) 1999-2001
Journalist (Louis-Wolfson Award, SPJF Award, Crystal Award)
- Covers news stories as well as public, social and legislative events for Florida’s public television network.
Université du Québec à Montréal, M. A., Communication; B. A., Literature.
Université de la Méditerranée, University Diploma, Presse-Magazine.
Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Attestation, Project Management.
Member of the Charlevoix World Biosphere Reserve Corporation (UNESCO).
Volunteer with UN Volunteers, a United Nations online volunteerism program that contributes to peace and development initiatives worldwide.