Name of Company: Real Agenda For Youth Transformation (RAFYT)
Reporting to: Board of Trustees
Position Held: Director
Period: August 2010 up to Date
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing political, social and economic trends and understand the implications of these on sustainable development and realization of human rights s/he is responsible for providing technical inputs, managing and coordinating project activities for the programmes empowering youths in Masvingo Province.
- Supervising all members so staff and works in close collaboration with colleagues to ensure a unified and coordinated approach to RAFYT’s program delivery in Zimbabwe. Close collaboration is also required with program staff in other countries.
- Implementation and Management of program strategies of the youth’s participation in national processes.
- Creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy in Zimbabwe.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management.
- Leadership in contributing to a unified and coordinated approach to RAFYT’s program delivery in Masvingo.
- Coordinate, monitor and provide overall technical inputs to the partners for implementation of project activities in Masvingo on youth participation to ensure the gender and rights based approach of projects.
- Manage and implement project activities on promotion of youth participation to ensure synergy and results.
- Promote the project's conceptual framework among agencies and organizations beyond the project partners for expanded support.
- Manage program resources and administration to ensure accountability.
- Liaise with partner organizations (national/international) on program implementation.
- Track, monitor and evaluate program results in Zimbabwe and ensure documentation including timely financial and narrative reporting to board members’ office (monthly updates) and six monthly reporting.
- Recruit and monitor project consultants.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Preparation of reports, including donor reports for the program.
- Draft project concepts and proposals for the purpose of resource mobilization for the program.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the BOARD to support the implementation of RAFYT Strategy and program delivery in Zimbabwe.
Name of Company: Batanai HIV/AIDS Service Organisation (BHASO)
Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Position Held: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Period: January 2010 up to December 2011
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring effective data collection, cleaning, storage, entry and analysis for regular project monitoring and evaluation BHASO programmes partnering with Troicare, Solidarmed, Oxfam –EU and PRP and FEPA.
- Facilitating development of data collection tools for monitoring and evaluation for Troicare, Solidarmed, Oxfam –EU and PRP and FEPA programs.
- Assisting staff to select and capture EU and PRP programme beneficiaries
- Training and assisting staff on PRP database.
- Training staff in order to strengthen their skills in participatory monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Developing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on specific programmes monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Resources mobilisation.
- Any other duties assigned by M&E Officer
Name of Company: City of Masvingo
Reporting to: Chief/Administration Officer
Position Held: Local Governance Trainee
Period: March to December 2008
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Chief Administration Officer in the recruitment and selection of contract employees
- Attending to employee disciplinary hearings and grievance handling procedure, communicating outcome of disciplinary hearings
- Maintenance and updating of the employee electronic database
- Assisting the Committee Officer in the preparation of the Manpower Committee agenda and communicating Manpower Committee resolutions to the City Treasurer
- Interpretation and administration of Municipal by-laws
- Licensing of businesses and facilitating cessions
- Attending Committee meetings and Full Council
- Interpreting the Urban Councils Act provisions
- Maintaining the diary of the Town Clerk
Housing and Welfare Administration
- Organising recreational activities (sports and women income generation projects) for the community
- Compiling the housing waiting list and records of progress of housing stands development
- Formulation of revenue collection systems and procedures at Flea markets
- Liaising with Department of Social Welfare and Non Governmental Organisations involved in community development and humanitarian programmes
Name of Company: Ministry of Education, Sports, Arts and Culture
Reporting to: Runesu Primary Head
Position Held: Relief Teacher
Period: May to August 2005
· Produced a paper position on Introduction of Condoms in Schools – also flighted in the Newsday newspaper on the 22nd of August 2011
· Wrote an article on Youth participation in politics a farce flighted in the Newsday newspaper on the 16th of August 2011 and awarded the letter of the day
· Established a RAFYT Trust blog www.rafyttrust.blogspot.com
· Introduced SAVE via Mobile_Cyber project pilots to the contribution of the reduction of youth vulnerability to HIV/AIDS utilizing telecommunication technology in Masvingo Urban.
· Established a Facebook page for RAFYT Trust which have attracted more than 1900 youths in less than 8 months
· Established a Monitoring and evaluation system for BHASO
· Set up a beneficiary database for BHASO programmes
· Facilitated the formation of a youth-led NGO –Real Agenda for Youth Transformation (RAFYT) and sourced funding from Youth Empowerment and Transformation (YETT) Trust on activity based projects.
· Facilitated the formation of 9 Buddies group with 10 members as a social podia for young people to share common issues on a friendly basis
· Mobilised 90 youths to engage in the Electoral Amendment Bill Consultation
· Selected to be part of the 9 membership steering committee of the MY ZIM Campaign aimed at developing a Zimbabwean Youth Vision for Tomorrow being facilitated by Youth Empowerment and Transformation Trust
· Facilitated the formation of Masvingo Youth Network a consortium of youth NGOS in Masvingo Province with support from Young Voices Network
· Facilitated RAFYT partnership with Pastime Trust on Investing in the Young Is Investing in the Future: Scaling up access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights for Adolescents and Young People In Zimbabwe” Project.
· Facilitated RAFYT partnership with BHASO RAFYT`s mother organisation revamping BHASO youth initiatives securing a Grant from FEPA.
· Established www.tchirape.blogspot.com a Youth Inspirator Page aimed at inspiring young people.
· Youth Planning Meeting
(St Peter and Paul Hall, Masvingo) November 2011
· Youth Participation - Electoral Amendment Bill Consultation
(Mucheke Hall, Masvingo) October 2011
· Pre-Electoral Amendment Bill Consultation with Buddies Groups
Batanai HIV/AIDS Service Organisation Offices, Masvingo) October 2011
· Youth HIV/AIDS Advocacy Training
(Charles Austin Theatre, Masvingo) September 2011
(RCZ, Gutu) September 2011
· Stakeholder policy dialogue meeting on SRHR for adolescence and young people
(Charles Austin Theatre, Masvingo) June 2011
· Discussion Forum: Youth perspective on economic empowerment, access to education and health, national healing and transition justice
(Charles Austin Theatre, Masvingo) February 2011
· BHASO Annual Review, Annual Plan and Programme Realignment
(Peter`s Pamusasa Lodge, Masvingo) November 2010
· BHASO Programme/Project Review
(Lees Inn, Masvingo) July 2010
· Provincial National Healing and Peace Building Sports Tournament
(Ndarama High School, Masvingo) June 2010
· Designing Monitoring and evaluation System (BHASO)
(Mutirikwi Lakeshow Lodge, Masvingo) June 2010
· Outcome Mapping and Reporting (BHASO projects)
(Mutirikwi Lakeshow Lodge, Masvingo) May 2010
· Youth Sector Meeting
Facilitated by NANGO, (NANGO Offices, Masvingo) October 2011
· Amnesty International Zimbabwe Membership Training Workshop
Facilitated by Amnesty International (Charles Austin Theatre, Masvingo) September 2011
· Youth Vision for Tomorrow: Steering Committee Meeting
Facilitated by Youth Empowerment and Transformation Trust (YETT Offices, Harare) September 2011
· Civic Education Training Workshop
Facilitated by Youth Forum Zimbabwe, (Chevron Hotel, Masvingo) August 2011
· Dialogue and Exchange Programme (DEP) Non-Violent Strategies of Resistance Training Follow up Meeting
Facilitated by Young Voices Network Zimbabwe, (NANGO Offices, Masvingo) August 2011
· Winter School – Youth Leadership Development Programme
Facilitated by Youth Empowerment and Transformation Trust, (Silveira House, Harare) 15-30 July 2011
· Young for Real Project: Stakeholder Dialogue Programme
Facilitated by Patsime Edutainment Trust (Charles Austin Theatre, Masvingo), June 2011
· Monitoring and Evaluation Workshop
Facilitated by NANGO (Len Brookes Cafe) June 2011
· Courageous Leadership Training
Facilitated by Youth Empowerment and Transformation Trust (YETT) (Dzimbabwe Lodges, Harare) May 2011
· Face the Future Roundtable
Facilitated by Youth Empowerment and Transformation Trust (YETT) (Crown Plaza Hotel, Harare) February 2011
· HIV/AIDS Gender Mainstreaming
Facilitated by Troicare and Development Consultancy (Batanai House, Masvingo) February 2011
· Advocacy Training
Facilitated by Batanai HIV/AIDS Service Organisation (Lees Inn, Masvingo) August 2010
· HIV and AIDS
· democracy and good governance
· Sexual and Reproductive health