Colombia Transforma is a program financed by USAID/OTI. Transforma provides support strategically aimed at achieving sustainable peace in Colombia. The initial goal will be to strengthen the institutional capacity of the Colombian government to implement rapid response during the first 36 months after the signing of the peace accords.
**Please note: Only Colombian citizens are eligible for this position.**
This position is responsible for collecting qualitative and quantitative information from national and departmental activities carried out by the program in the Department of Norte de Santander, generating reports, supporting with identifying lessons learned and keeping track of successes and mistakes of activities. The MES will coordinate closely with the Program Development Officer (PDO) and Field Officers (FOs) to ensure the constant updating of information in the database of the program, obtaining information of impacts / effects of activities and identifying positive and negative results. The MES will also provide the information required by the Communications and Reporting Specialist (CRS) for reporting and documenting activities. Under the supervision of M&E Officer, the MES will perform research and documentation of activities or groups of activities that are of special interest to the program. The MES will also provide feedback to the whole program team, in conceptualization and activities’ evaluations, to ensure that they contribute to the achievement of the objectives set out in the strategic framework of the program.
- In coordination with the Programmatic Team and supervisor, develop the monitoring and evaluation plans at the activity level.
- Monitor and document the progress and lessons learned of activities using the program’s database, particularly contributing with activity notes.
- Begin activity evaluation actions (workshops, focus groups, interviews, round tables, surveys, etc) as agreed upon with the M&E team.
- Assist in designing and implementing initiatives to strengthen the project’s approach to M&E, including adoption of standardized indicators, indicator tracking tools, and innovative evaluation approaches.
- Submit monitoring and evaluation reports for activities or groups of activities, as required by the supervisor.
- Upload relevant information for M&E purposes onto the Database, including reports, photographs, and any other relevant information
- Regularly visit partners, beneficiaries and activities to evaluation the progress and impact of the activities.
- Prepare site visit reports in the format required by the supervisor.
- Document relevant anecdotes and quotes from partners and beneficiaries in the development of the activities
- Perform activity evaluations, identifying the results and lessons learned, as required.
- Constantly share the lessons learned of the activities with the entire program team.
- Help build the capacity and provide technical assistance to partners and grantees in monitoring and evaluation techniques.
- Actively contribute to information sharing in the project.
- Provide the CRS with the information required to develop program reports.
- Perform other tasks as requested as required
- This position reports to the M&E Officer.
- This position is based in the city of Cúcuta (Norte de Santander).
- University degree in Economics, Political Science, Government, or a related field
- Minimum five (5) years professional work experience
- Professional work experience in evaluating programs, social projects, and/or public policies
- Professional work experience in research with qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies, including developing research reports
- Prior professional work experience with NGOs, international contractors, multilateral institutions and/or international cooperation agencies
- Knowledge of and experience with developing and evaluating impact-oriented projects
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level with Excel) and ability to use the internet
- Rigorous time management and activity organization
- Able to maintain information confidential and work with a wide variety of people
- Excellent written communication is required
- Excellent verbal communication
- English fluency preferred