The m-Billionth Award recognises innovative practices in the field of mobile applications, mobile content, and development. Launched by the Digital Empowerment Foundation, its goal is to honour excellence in mobile innovations across South Asia in a variety of categories.
The categories include:
- m-Travel & Tourism
- m-Business & Commerce/Banking
- m-Education & Learning
- m-Culture & Heritage
- m-News & Journalism
- m-Woman & Children
Objectives include the following:
- To recognise innovations and creativity in mobile & telecom solutions
- To provide a platform for the innovations for benchmarking in the Telecom industry
- To provide a wider forum for strategic networking, alliances and partnership building
- To provide a South Asia Congress to exchange ideas, policy strengths & mobile advocacy
- To facilitate in building a South Asia network towards campaign and advocacy in mobile for mass empowerment and inclusive growth.
Click here for more information and to access an online nomination form.
Emails from mBillionth Award to The Communication Initiative on March 18 2013, April 26 2013, and March 25 2015.