47 Clapton Square, E5 8HE London
+44 (0) 7521078336
As an anthropologist my aim is to develop my researching abilities into a deep successful understanding. I’m looking for a job that challenges me to interlace sophisticated plans, which are respectful for cultural differences and human rights. I believe ethnographic methods have an active impact on creating new points of view in social-political issues and in transforming theories in practical achievements.
· Project Management
· Writing and editorial talent
· Visual media, filmmaking and editing
· Languages: Italian (mother tongue), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent), Arabic (basic), Dari (basic)
· Deep knowledge in cultural differences
· Quantitative and qualitative methods
· Data collection and analysis
· Reflexivity, critique and philosophical debates
· Problem solving, building trust in relationships
Recipient of the undergraduate honours for the thesis paper entitled: “Medical Anthropology“
Selected for the Astra Film Festival 2009 for the video entitled: “Ethnoscape” about hybrid cultures in London.
Selected for the Terra di Tutti Film Festival 2010 for the video entitled: “Nameless” about the rebellious women of Afghanistan.
Master Degree, Visual Anthropology, Goldsmiths University of London, UK (2010).
Master Degree Module, Practical Ethnographic and Documentary Filmmaking, University College of London, UK (2009).
Postgraduate Degree, Theory and Methodology of Anthropological Research, University of Modena, Italy (2005).
Undergraduate Master Degree, Science of Education, University of Bologna, Italy (2003).
Survey Development Consultant, German Agro Action/Welthungerhilfe, provinces of Jawjzan, Faryab and Nangarhar, Afghanistan
November 2011- January 2012
· Clarified the different types of data to be collected in order to support/answer targeted research questions and design replicable survey instruments
· Established appropriate survey methodologies and data collection techniques to produce thorough and multi-layered assessments
· Trained and assisted project teams in carrying out necessary surveys and analysis on data
· Designed all necessary survey database operations, including analysis
· Prepared all supporting documents, including coding guides, interview, and supervisor manuals, as well as data entry manuals
· Maintained transparency and cohesion in survey structure and design in case of replications
Survey Consultant, G.V.C. (Civil Volunteer Group) ONLUS, Guzarah District, Afghanistan
October 2011 – December 2011
• Managed project teams to coordinate and plan qualitative and quantitative research in the field
• Worked effectively in a team to choose a method and apply it in a way which is consistent with underlying philosophical assumptions and critical debates on emerging issues
• Dealt with collecting and analysing of a large amount of data which needed interpreting and translating to transform into theory
• Task of writing and reporting providing evidences to display the findings of the survey, or apply for a new mission, or improve the fundraising impact.
• Negotiated with local and international authorities and organizations to build trust, maintain prolonged contact, and gain access
• Resolved problematic experiences and challenges in precarious security situations and abusive practices
• Prepared to mentoring, teaching, and training of others
Visual Project Researcher, G.V.C. (Civil Volunteer Group) ONLUS, Herat - Kabul, Afghanistan
June – August 2010
· Solving technical filming problems due to mainly the weather, the security measures and the sensitive subject
· Found a story to be filmed as an example of the knowledge and the reflection of the work done
· Implemented with reports and essays to carry the meaning of the entire research
· Coordinated and managed activities to monitor legislative developments
· Linked and analysed the common thinking in local and international media environments relevant to the research’s issues
· Built collaborations with other NGOs, militaries and local organizations
Human Right Expert-Anthropologist-Filmmaker, Freelance, London, UK
· Shown versatility and creativity to have a consistent product in all conditions
· Developed visual techniques to deconstruct existing ideas about human values and stereotypes
· Monitored small scale budgets to achieve filming requirements
· Edited different types of footage, specialising in Final Cut Pro
· Directed, on numerous occasions, a small crew of filmmakers
Education and Project Manager, Maramao Association, Rimini, Italy
• Implemented projects for legal service and social integration for non-European migrants families
• Designed and implemented several projects in primary schools to support handicap, learning disorder and social-
• Dealt with partners and associations, maintaining regular lines of communication in project development
• Worked under pressure to meet demanding deadlines whilst supervising and training others
• Specialized to understand the difficulties of learning for children on a case by case basis
Hobbies & Interests
I love cinema and visual arts, I enjoy socializing with friends and meeting new people. I have a strong interest in politics and dominating discourses.
Available upon request