* Development professional with more than thirty years experience, especially in ICTs for development and development finance (credit unions, microfinance and Islamic finance).
* Served 19 years with Peace Corps, including six years (1995-2001) as the principal "evangelist" for ICTs in programs, eventually becoming the agency's first ICT Program Officer.
* Served ten years with the World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU).
* Geographic focus: Sub-Saharan, especially Francophone, Africa with an increasing interest in North Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia.
* Since 2002, independent consultant, writer, editor, and translator.
* Currently part-time writer and editor for the Corporate Business Informatics Department of the IFC and completing a book on African democracy.