Who We Are
CCP advances the science and art of strategic communication to improve health and save lives.
We partner with organizations worldwide to:
- Design and implement strategic communication programs that influence political dialogue, collective action, and individual behavior;
- Enhance access to information and the exchange of knowledge that improves health and health care; and
- Conduct research to guide program design, evaluate impact, test theories and advance knowledge in health communication.
CCP was established over 20 years ago in recognition of the pivotal role communication plays in the way people think and behave about health and development issues. As a Center within the Department of Health, Behavior and Society at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, CCP now has a staff of over 600 in the field and in its Baltimore headquarters. CCP has active programs in more than 30 countries worldwide as well as in the U.S. Since 1988, our programs have reached more than 1 billion people.
CCP is a recognized leader in the field of health communication, with extensive technical expertise and program experience in:
- Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Knowledge Management
- Training and Capacity Building
- Strategic Advocacy
- Research and Evaluation
Our work spans a broad spectrum of health issues and related areas including:
- Reproductive Health/Family Planning
- Water and Sanitation
- Maternal and Child Health
- Avian and Pandemic Influenza
- Tobacco Control
Most importantly, CCP makes a difference in people’s lives, bringing a unique set of skills, approaches and experience that produce results.