a. Intern Communications Officer, Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA), Ghana, 11 to 22 June 2012.
Fulfilling CTA 2009 media award requirement where I learnt:
- Website, e-mails management and social-media coordination. It includes creating, uploading and managing websites.
- The moderating, creating and managing discussion groups on D-group site. Workshops and seminar facilitation, management and coordination.
- Editing and modifying new communication strategy documents.
- Developed a concept on a possible film festival competition which requires partners and stakeholders to showcase successes of their institutions. This is for 2013 Agricultural Science Week, in Ghana.
This signifies knowledge of programming and strategy development.b. Development Communications Training Facilitator consultant since 2009 to 2012 Responsibilities:
- With Commonwealth of Learning funding (COL) facilitated trainings in programs designing, messages development and participatory radio programing in countries on gender, HIV and AIDS, child illness and safe motherhood issues in the following countries Mozambique in Maputo, Malawi in Mchnji, South Africa in Cape Town, Cameroon at Mmenji and Tanzania at Karagwe.
· A volunteer trainer for Technical Centre for Agricultural Cooperation (CTA), trained Agricultural scientists in Radio Programming messages development, and participatory radio programing. http://ictkm.cgiar.org/2010/11/26/making-radio-waves-at-the-agknowledge-africa-share-fair-experiences-from-a-trainer-at-day-0/
I gained new knowledge too when designing, planning and conceptualizing communications interventions in all countries I facilitated training.
c. Media and Communications Manager, Story Workshop, 1 May 2009 to 2011.
Left at the end of contract for Masters of Science in Rural Development and Extension at Bunda College of Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Coordinating all the on ground face-to face communications and community mobilizations in our project areas which included listening clubs, Mwana Alirenji villages and others.
- Conceptualizing, designing, planning, supervising, implementing, monitoring and evaluating all media-related interventions like video, radio, website and print materials under overall supervision of executive director.
- Ensuring gender, HIV and AIDS mainstreaming in all the communication interventions.
- Placements of media products for broadcast and print at appropriate media channel and time.
- Supervising and inspiring creative implementation all media and communications.
- Representing and promoting the organisation within and outside Malawi using appropriate Medias.
- Choosing materials and reports worthy sharing with stakeholders and partners.
This is the evidence I can translate strategy into reality and visible work on ground.
Senior Producer, Story Workshop April 2007 to April 2009