Relevant Work Experience
Media Analyst and Content Developer (Consultant) May 2012 – July 2012
Women for Women International, Enugu, Nigeria.
· Preparation of documents, articles and reports for publications and national distribution.
· Provided technical support analysis of periodic quantitative and qualitative data, including baseline, midpoint and end of project assessments.
· Monitored clients’ performance in the marketplace by comparing media coverage on television stations, the Internet, in magazines and in newspapers.
· Analyze public reception of news articles, press releases or television programs. Some of the indicators they use to determine failure or success rates are viewer numbers; online click-through, open and download rates; and feedback surveys.
· Responsible for using media trends and industry data to outline strategies for companies looking to enter into or expand in a particular target market.
Communication and Media Officer
Culturae Mundi Coventry University United Kingdom Aug 2011- May 2012
· Development of Communication strategies, press conferences and press releases.
· Oversaw the development of banners and fliers and managed website content.
· Managed media relationships and partnerships.
· Updated and developed content for communication materials, with a focus on regularly updating the Culturae Mundi website.
· Assisted with the organization and setting up of meetings, seminars, conferences and other events.
· Engaged with grant projects on behalf of the Manager Media and Communications as and when required e.g. comment on their communication materials and help them to improve it.
· Maintained the database of journalists and media.
· Maintained database of project photographs, documentaries, video clips, news clips etc.
· Assisted in drafting and editing response with respective departments for response to the media.
· Co-ordinated stories from various departments and contribute news articles for different publications.
Academic Lecturer (HPL) Advertising & Media
Coventry University United Kingdom Oct. 2011- Apr 2012
· Presentations at seminars
· Contributed to the planning and preparation of the learning programmes in Advertising and media and associated subjects preparing coherent lesson plans with clear aims
· Effective delivery of programmes of learning, through efficient classroom management including:
promoting learning in a stimulating context
· Undertook monitoring and assessment of students’ progress
· Ensured the compliance to the provision of high standard of academic and personal support for students and clients, including acting as course/personal tutor if required, to ensure the best possible satisfaction, attendance and achievement levels.
· Recorded and monitored student attendance data, including writing to non-attendees about absences where necessary.
· Received, recorded and checked marks in the Academic Marks system in TURNITIN and ensured marked work is returned to students.
· Assisted the Departmental Officer with arrangements for and preparation of information and scripts to be sent to the External Examiner.
· Produced the interim and final transcripts for students on the programme in liaison with the Departmental Officer and Programme Directors.
· Ensured that assessed work is stored in a secure place for the correct time period in line with the Data Protection Act.
Presenter / Broadcast Journalist Sept 2006- Jan 2011
Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, Enugu Nigeria
· Co-host of ladies’ magazines programme, Diva Express, targeted at young ladies and discussion of issues affecting them
· Presenter of Mid-morning shows every Thursday and Friday;
· Presenting, scripting and production of inspirational and motivational programme, Sunday Morning at Home
· Hosted and produced She dey play ball ; a sports programme aired every Friday.
· Newscast reader on local and National assignment as well as voicing adverts and jingles.
· Responsible for developing and designing communication plans to promote and support business objectives
· Handled other tasks under the instructions of General Manager