PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH's Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve global health by increasing awareness and advocating for global health priorities by working with policymakers, coalitions, and other influential individuals and groups in the U.S., at global levels and in target geographies in Africa and Asia.
The APP department is seeking a Communications Manager who will envision and execute strategic communications in support of PATH’s policy and advocacy goals, and position the organization as the global leader in health innovation. The Manager will report to PATH’s Vice President of Policy & Advocacy and is a member of APP’s leadership team, and will lead a team to provide strategic communications advice and support to the Vice President and leaders across PATH. As a member of the department’s Leadership Team, the Manager will contribute significantly to APP’s strategic vision and management, lead annual work planning for advocacy communications, and act as the PATH institutional focal point for media and communications in Washington DC. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and implementation of strategic communications plans and activities to advance PATH’s global policy and advocacy goals, and build visibility for PATH among target audiences in the US and around the world.
- Develop, implement, and oversee a broad portfolio of policy communications deliverables, events, activities, budgets, and reporting in support of PATH’s advocacy strategy and global engagement goals.
- Manage and supervise a high-performing policy and advocacy communications team, providing guidance, mentoring and career development, and ensure timely delivery and completion of high quality communications deliverables.
- Develop and produce compelling written and multimedia content to showcase PATH’s experience, expertise, evidence and impact.
- Lead media relations for PATH advocacy and oversee strategic deployment and management of media and digital communications channels.
- Serve as APP’s focal point to ensure effective communications coordination and collaboration with the PATH Global Engagement and Communications team and with other teams across the organization.
- Oversee the translation and dissemination of evidence and experience, across geographies, to support policy change and build PATH’s reputation as a global health policy leader.
- Strengthen advocacy communications capacities within PATH, particularly in target countries, for more effective engagement with policymakers, media and influencers to achieve policy objectives and raise PATH’s visibility in key markets.
- Represent PATH with a wide array of development partners, funders, communications working groups and official events.
- Select, scope and manage the work (and budgets) of public affairs and communications firms, contractors and vendors in support of PATH’s communications efforts.
- Undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 12-15 years of experience working in communications in public health, international development or a related field. Graduate degree is a plus.
- Experience working in a global health or development organization and in integrating communications and advocacy is strongly preferred.
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated success managing a team of communications professionals.
- Proven success at developing and executing strategic communications plans, and in deploying and leveraging a variety of media and digital communication channels and tactics to reach and engage global media, policymakers and influencers.
- Demonstrated experience in developing compelling communications content relevant to global health and/or development.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience working in an international context and in communicating and working with different cultures and countries.
- Diplomacy and tact as an advisor to senior executives and as an external representative to partners and audiences in visible roles and settings.
- Experience providing communications training and capacity building of colleagues; experience with developing-country cultures preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Adept at working in a team and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to work with a variety of work styles and personalities.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please click on the following link: http://bit.ly/2cTFCio