The upcoming USAID/Ukraine Monitoring and Evaluation Support Program will provide USAID/Ukraine, USAID/Belarus, and USAID/Moldova with monitoring and evaluation services on regional projects. This may include project/activity external evaluation, performance monitoring and performance management support services. It is anticipated that this contract will assist USAID/Ukraine and its partners to generate empirical data on project/activity implementation as well as foster learning and knowledge management to improve evidence-based project design and development programming.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for leading and managing the overall complex operations of the project. The COP works closely with USAID Program Offices in Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova. S/he will also work closely with Mission technical offices, staff and management from other USAID implementing partner-operated activities, government representatives and other international donor stakeholders to ensure that USAID’s assistance is informed by solid empirical evidence and analysis.
- Provide overall project vision, technical leadership and management.
- Achieve timely program results efficiently and in compliance USAID and US Government policies and procedures.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the contract with the USAID Mission, implementing partners, other donors, and relevant governments
- Lead the work planning, progress, oversight, operations, and implementation by working through motivated mentored staff.
- Provide expertise on the project’s learning, knowledge and adaptive management, and analytical activities.
- Mentor local staff to engage capacity, actively contribute expertise, and provide strategic and operational direction.
- Oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operations.
- Ensure the timely completion of reports, data quality assessments, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and other deliverables that meet MSI and USAID quality control/assurance standards.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the Contract.
- Master’s or PhD in a field relevant to development assistance, international affairs, political science, sociology, economics, business, public administration, evaluation, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of ten (7) years of development professional experience working with issues related to planning, design, and performance management of international development assistance programs, preferably those funded by the USG.
- Significant expertise in leading the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations of development interventions.
- Significant experience in indicator development, data collection and quantitative/statistical analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting.
- Experience creating and managing performance monitoring plans.
- Strong written and oral communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of USAID practices, regulations, policies, procedures and programs desirable.
- Spoken and written ability in English, Ukrainian, and/or Russian.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.